Happy National Apple Pie Day everyone!
Today of all days you should be able to enjoy a delicious, homemade apple pie without worrying about all that sugar affecting your dental health. That’s why we searched out this yummy reduced sugar apple pie recipe so you don’t have to!
Total Time: 1hr 5mins
Things You Will Need:
- 1 cup - Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tbsp - Flour
- 1 tbsp - Ground cinnamon
- 5 Granny Smith Apples (peeled and sliced)
- 1 Golden Delicious Apple (peeled and sliced)
- 1 tbsp - Butter (cut up)
- 1 (15oz) Package of Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Prepare the pie crusts according to package directions; fit 1 pie crust into a 9 inch pie plate
- In a medium bowl, stir together Splenda, flour, and cinnamon until well-combined
- In a large bowl, stir apples with the flour/sugar/cinnamon mixture until the apples are thoroughly coated. Pour the coated apples in the pie plate and dot with pieces of butter
- Place the remaining pie crust on top, crimp the edges, and make slits in the top of the crust or pierce evenly with a fork to allow ventilation while baking
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes, or until crust is golden brown
For extra sweetness, pair with Sugar-free ice cream or top with Lite Frozen whipped topping.