Tender brown sugar green beans with bacon are so incredibly flavorful and make the perfect side dish, especially for holiday meals.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 4-6 strips bacon, chopped (may sub turkey bacon)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place beans in a large pot and cover beans with water. Cover pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil until beans are tender, but not soggy (they are going to get cooked a bit longer later on so you don't want them overcooked at this point, just to the point they can be easily pierced with a fork).
- Drain pot and rinse beans in cold water. Set aside.
- In skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes until fully cooked but not yet crispy.
- Add brown sugar, dijon mustard, and garlic to the pan and stir until all ingredients are combined. Add green beans and continue to stir until sauce is bubbly and green beans are thoroughly coated in the sauce (4-6 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
Source: Creme De La Crumb