This Christmas, serve up a dish that’ll wow the whole family without sticking in anyone’s braces. Try your hand at this easy recipe for a hearty crustless quiche. It’s super quick, uses only six ingredients, and makes a yummy egg, ham, and cheese quiche!
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup packaged biscuit mix (or see the recipe below to make your own)
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ cups shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced ham
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease or spray a 10” pie pan or quiche dish.
- In a large bowl — whisk together the eggs, biscuit mix, vegetable oil, and milk until well combined (some lumps are okay).
- Pour the mixture into your greased pan or dish and sprinkle on the cheese and ham.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 180 degrees. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
Makes about 3 cups of biscuit mix.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup nonfat dry powdered milk
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shortening
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl with a pastry cutter. If you don’t have a pastry cutter, a fork will work just fine.
*Any extra mix can be kept refrigerated in a sealed bowl or bag; it will hold for a few weeks!
Happy Holidays from TNT Orthodontics!
From: The Braces Cookbook: Recipes You (and Your Orthodontist) Will Love