At TNT Orthodontics we work with your general dentist to ensure that you have not only beautiful straight teeth and a good bite, but that you also maintain healthy teeth and gums as well. There are many advantages to seeing your dentist for regular exams and cleanings. Below are some examples from Delta Dental of what routine dental exams and cleanings can do for you.
- Prevent cavities: The whitish film that builds up on your teeth is called plaque and is the leading cause of tooth decay. This acidic substance eats away at tooth enamel. Plaque can be removed by brushing, flossing, and dental cleanings.
- Stop tooth loss: Gum disease, which starts with built-up plaque moves further down the tooth, where it can destroy the supporting bone in your jaw and causing teeth to loosen and even fall out. The chance this happening to you is greatly reduced through regular dental cleanings and good oral hygiene habits.
- Brighton your smile: Drinking coffee, tea and wine, or the use of tobacco can stain your teeth. A dental cleaning can remove built-up stains and leave you with freshly polished teeth and a whiter, brighter smile.
- Freshen your breath: Good oral hygiene is the best way to prevent persistent bad breath. Even if you brush and floss regularly, getting a cleaning at your dental office is a great way to keep your mouth healthy and odor-free.
- Boost your overall health: Studies have shown a connection between oral and overall health. Regular dental cleanings may help lower your risk for some diseases, like heart disease and stroke. Many medical conditions, some life threatening, can be detected in their early stages by your dentist during a routine oral exam.
- Save money: Many insurances cover much or all of your routine dental visits and cleanings, and seeing your dentist and hygienist regularly can prevent serious and costly procedures in the future.
For these and many other health and oral hygiene advantages, make an appointment with your dentist today.